Oat milk has become the newest non-dairy milk replacement in the United States. It’s foamy texture provides a suitable milk substitute for things like lattes, has health benefits, and is vegan-friendly. Oat milk is a great source of soluble fiber, is good for people with high cholesterol, and aids in digestion and regulating blood sugar. The only real adverse effect would be someone with a gluten intolerance consuming oat milk. The process for making the milk is simple too – just soak steel-cut oats in water and then blend them. You can also strain this mixture through a cheesecloth for any leftover bits still in the final product. Oat milk is a good choice, in moderation, for anyone looking to replace regular cow’s milk. It is also low in fat, lower than regular milk, and also lower than some non-dairy milks like coconut. Its flavor is mild and slightly sweet, and is has a thicker, heavier texture. It is better for the environment than almond milk, too, since almonds require so much water to be produced. So, in conclusion, oat milk is a safe, eco-friendly, low-fat, healthy alternative to regular milk and some other non-dairy milks. In moderation, it is a great choice for anyone who does not suffer a gluten intolerance.
- 1Oat milk, is one of the latest dairy free milks to enter to beverage scene.
- 2The milk works well with coffee due to its ability to foam up better than other milks.
- 3Oat milk isn’t gluten free, so it is a good solution for vegans or lactose intolerant people but not gluten sensitive people.
Did You Know?
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021