Seeds are extremely healthy. Every seed contains an entire embryonic plant that is surrounded by an outer later full of all the things to help the plant grown, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. All that nutrition makes them super healthy.
Chocolate comes from the cocoa bean. Beans are seeds too, therefore high in nutrients.
Consumption of cocoa beans is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. So that is GREAT news.
A recent study found that men and women who frequently consumed chocolate had a lower BMI than those who ate chocolate less often. This study did have a flaw in only a small window in time was recorded. While cocoa hardly has any calories most foods made with chocolate are calories dense.
Another study that was 6 years long found that those with a chocolate habit did have a long term weight gain. So, overtime that chocolate habit might start hurting your health through unnecessary weight gain.
Dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate. And cocoa powder is better than both of these.
Don’t let the candy companies fool you into over consumption of sugary chocolate treats.
Can chocolate actually be good for you? You’re going to want to see this. #HealthStatus
- 1Chocolate is considered the most commonly craved food in the world.
- 2Heavier people tend to eat less chocolate in an attempt to lose weight.
- 3Dark chocolate is better for you overall than milk chocolate.
See the original at: https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/10/10/chocolate-is-finally-put-to-the-test/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021