A study was recently published in the medical journal Nature Communications that a commercially available form of the vitamin B3 could slow the aging process. This works by boosting the already naturally occurring enzyme, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, in the body. This enzyme is responsible for DNA repair as well as it works with proteins to protect health. These are both things with many benefits.
To further explain how it works, we are all born with this enzyme in us. Over time, however, it diminishes. This new research has showed that this supplement could even potentially normalize systolic blood pressure and arterial stiffness, which could lower the potential for heart disease.
Two versions of this supplement are currently for sale. But what does this mean? More research needs to be done in order to make these claims fully and to make sure it’s safe. More clinical trials are being done right now in animals including yeast, worms, mice and rats. The next step would be to move to human clinical trials.
There are a lot of reasons to be excited about the future of this supplement, but for now, more positive research findings need to be done to see if this really is the key to prevent aging.
- 1Clinical trials have shown that taking nicotinamide riboside (NR) chloride supplements boosts a key enzyme in cells that could slow down the aging process.
- 2Use of NR has shown similar benefits for aging and related diseases as the use of a strict calorie reduction program to boost NAD+ levels.
- 3Presently, NR is an over-the-counter supplement. It should take time before people are convinced of its efficacy.
See the original at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/could-this-version-of-vitamin-b-3-slow-aging
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of May 28th, 2022 are Here
- This Ultimate Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card