Fish oil, or omega-3 fatty acid supplements, have long been a staple of the nutritional boosters Americans turn to. While eating fish is the natural way of getting these omega-3 fatty acids, many people don’t have ready access to fish on a regular basis. Or it may not be affordable. That’s where the supplements come into the picture, helping cover the dietary gap.
The human body cannot produce or convert anything else into an omega-3 fatty acid; the only source that can provide it is taking it from an external source. And it’s a very useful nutrient that can improve a whole host of medical concerns and needs.
- The big one that gets the most press coverage is cardiovascular; omega-3 fatty acids help lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart attacks and heart disease.
- Other medical aid omega-3 provides include reduced inflammation. Swelling can be a problem, especially on a chronic basis, and omega-3 can reduce such instances.
Vegetarians are commonly omega-3 deficient. The most common vegetarian source of omega-3 is algae plant sources, and not every vegetarian includes algae into their diet. This can leave them at increased risk for otherwise avoidable health concerns. Supplements can bridge that vulnerability, but only if they regularly take the supplements and ensure they get enough omega-3.
Do you need to add fish oil supplements to your life? Find out if they can help your health. #HealthStatus
- 1Simply put, fish oil supplements are a way to increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids
- 2Omega-3s are important components of the membranes that surround each cell in your body.
- 3Omega-3 supports functions in the heart, lungs, blood vessels, immune system, and endocrine system.
See the original at: https://www.allure.com/story/fish-oil-supplements-benefits
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021