For individuals who are following the fertility diet, consuming items from the dairy food group has many nutritional benefits, including Vitamins A and D as well as calcium and protein. While there is much debate about the propriety of including dairy in your diet, it is mostly undisputed that raw dairy products carry the most health benefits.
The problem with raw dairy products is that they are hard to find. While 30 US states have legalized their sale, they are still rare and when they can be found they are expensive to purchase. Most stores simply carry the pasteurized version of the products which lack many of the nutritional benefits found in raw dairy.
The good news for individuals wanting to consume “raw dairy” without trying to find the products is that the raw dairy effect can be replicated at home. Using pasteurized milk and kefir grains, you can culture the milk to create an organic effect. Some refer to this as “buttermilk.” This process involves taking the pasteurized milk along with the kefir grains and letting them sit for 24-48 hours. You should stir the mixture occasionally until the liquid begins to separate off the grains. Once this has happened, strain the liquid and store the finished product in the refrigerator. Then you have the organic dairy profile product without having to purchase it.
Even your pasteurized milk can be cultured to improve nutrition #HealthStatus
- 1Organic milk, while healthy and nutritious, is still lacking some of the nutrients in raw organic milk.
- 2Using this raw milk will give you the best kefir and provide the highest fertility benefits.
- 3With a few ingredients, 1 quart raw milk and 1 tablespoon kefir grains, you too can make this at home.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What’s New in Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy, 2017 - December 11, 2017
- The Link Between a Lack of Sleep and Type 2 Diabetes - December 11, 2017
- This Sugar Swap Could Be Your Best Bet To Lose Weight, Science Says - December 11, 2017