Nutrition is absolutely essential to the proper and normal function of a human body. This is particularly important for infants and children, who need a wide variety of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to be able to develop normally as they grow into adults. While a person who has already finished their adult growth might suffer various health maladies from improper nutrition, these are usually temporary and can be corrected if a more rounded diet is resumed. With children, however, chronic nutritional deficiencies can leave them at risk for lifelong problems when their bodies miss out on what’s needed during the most critical phase of their growth.
Folic acid is key in the healthy development of the brain. Researchers looked at children and tracked folic acid deficiencies along with various neurological characteristics and symptoms as the children aged. They discovered the brain’s cortex was thinner in those who had folic acid deficiencies. This was connected to reduced intelligence, and in more extreme cases also a greater risk of psychiatric disorders such as autism and schizophrenia.
This deficiency is dangerous for the children even prior to birth; if their mother does not maintain proper nutrition. Even if it requires prenatal vitamins, mothers need to heed medical recommendations and ensure their children have the best chance to grow up healthy and vibrant.
Keep your kids healthy and whole, in mind and body, by keeping folic acid in your diet and theirs. #HealthStatus
- 1Pregnant women should take Folic acid supplements to protect their fetus.
- 2Folic acid is essential for the brain health of a fetus.
- 3Folic acid is relatively inexpensive and widely available.
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of June 15th, 2021 are Here
- This Ultimate Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 5 Tips To Prevent A Leaky Bladder - June 14, 2021
- 6 Common Oral Conditions And What To Do About Them - June 2, 2021
- What Is A Gut Biome? - May 20, 2021