According to studies, decreasing the amount of folic acid in the diet has been linked to neural tube defects. Over 80 countries have asked women to increase folic acid in their diets to decrease their chances of having birth defects. The UK had not adopted the minimum requirements for women who intend to become pregnant or during early pregnancy, but past evidence has shown based on the number of daily abortions and weekly births in the UK that the adoption of folic acid requirements should be set to minimize the number of birth defects, just like the other countries who have adopted these dietary limits. On the contrary, a Professor at the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine did not believe that folic acid needed to be increased because there was not enough evidence to support the results. The government in the UK has yet to implement informing women to increase their daily intake of folic acid in their diets to lessen their chances of birth defects. Folic acid and the B9 vitamin of folate helps a woman to increase her chances in attempting to conceive a child, as well as having a normal pregnancy. Example foods that contain folic acid and the folate B9 vitamin are cereals brands like Kellogg’s, rice, wheat, oats, buckwheat, barley, rye, spelt, quinoa, beans, pasta, green vegetables, orange juice and, if required, supplementation.
Breakfast cereal isn’t just fortified for marketing reasons; it can fix your nutrition deficits. #HealthStatus
- 1According to research, bread and flour in the UK should be fortified with Folic Acid to prevent birth defects such as Spina Bifida.
- 2Despite the recommendation, the UK has not introduced laws to make the fortification of bread and flour manditory.
- 3In the UK, on a daily basis, women are terminating pregnancies due to birth defects and every week women are giving birth to a child that has a birth defect.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018