The National Institute of Health reports that the majority of people are not getting the recommend level of magnesium. Magnesium is a mineral that helps control blood pressure, promotes strong bones, and a steady heart rhythm. A recent study of men 65 and older found magnesium levels are associated with testosterone. If you are a man and wanting to increase your testosterone level then the key to boosting testosterone is increasing your magnesium intake.
Your magnesium level can be checked with a simple blood test.
Good sources of magnesium:
Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts
Shredded Wheat Cereal
- 1Magnesium blocks a protein in the blood that stops testosterone.
- 2A study of older men found a link between testosterone levels and magnesium levels.
- 3If you suffer from low testosterone adding a magnesium supplement should help raise your testosterone level naturally.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019