Dietary or health supplements are oral preparations consumed to supplement a person’s diet to enhance health. They may come in capsules, pills, tablets, powder, or liquid form. When it comes to the most common supplements, you’ll find plenty of vitamins, minerals, and botanicals or herbal products being sold online and in physical stores.
But the question is, how do these dietary supplements help you stay healthy? Find out the answer by continuing to read below.
Health Supplements Fill In Nutrients or Diet Gaps
About fifty percent of Americans take health supplements every day or on some occasion. While it’s highly recommended to eat a variety of foods or practice eating a balanced diet every day, most people have busy schedules, so they don’t have time to prepare healthy meals.
You’ll find genuine testimonials and reviews online about the effectiveness of health supplements, such as Amare Global Reviews. If you want to attain total wellness, taking dietary supplements is highly recommended to avoid a nutrient deficiency, that may hamper your performance at work and quality time with your family.
Health Supplements Promote A Healthy Digestive System
Aside from vitamins and minerals, health supplements also include probiotics. Probiotics are beneficial for good live yeast and bacteria that help keep the gut healthy.
Here are the health benefits of taking probiotics health supplements:
- Probiotics restore the digestive system’s natural balance. Poor diet and medication, like antibiotics, can create an imbalance in the gut, causing too many bad germs or bacteria, which can bring illnesses.
- Probiotics help avoid the occurrence of inflammatory bowel, diarrhea, allergies, obesity, and even mental health problems. Mood or mental health and digestive health are somehow related, and people who have a healthy gut tend to be happier people. In one human study, people who take probiotic supplements have improved mental health or exhibit reduced signs and symptoms of anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and autism.
Health Supplements Promote Cognitive Function
Nowadays, it’s seemingly hard to focus because of the fast-paced digital lifestyle. For one, attention span is so short, and a lot of things may overwhelm and cloud the memory, such as stress. That’s why taking health supplements is important, along with physical fitness and a balanced diet.
It’s a good thing that health supplements exist which provide phytonutrients that are essential for cognitive function and mental health. Of course, it’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor before taking any supplement for expert advice. Also, choose trusted and reputable brands of health supplements like Amare Global, and you’ll achieve a more vigor and improved cognitive functioning. Find out more about Amare Global here.
Health Supplements Improve Immunity and Aid In Healing
Dietary supplements can aid in the healing process, creating a synergistic effect when combined with traditional medicines. Attain pain relief and reduced inflammation with the aid of health supplements containing active ingredients, like turmeric and Boswellia.
Here are the most common ingredients you’ll find in dietary supplements that can help aid in the healing process of various illnesses:
- Papain: It’s a substance found in papaya, which is used as an effective digestive aid. It helps in treating parasitic worms, reduce shingles (herpes zoster) symptoms, and treats throat inflammation, ongoing diarrhea, runny nose, hay fever, and psoriasis (a skin condition).
- White Willow: It acts like aspirin used to relieve pain, such as headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), gout, and ankylosing spondylitis (a disease of the spine).
- Chamomile: It helps reduce inflammation, treat cold symptoms, lowers blood sugar, helps prevent cancer, and aid in sleep and relaxation.
- Turmeric: It contains an active compound called curcumin, which is scientifically proven to prevent heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which also improves the signs and symptoms of arthritis and depression.
- Boswellia: It’s an effective anti-inflammatory health supplement which is an effective painkiller. It helps prevent cartilage loss and can help treat breast cancer and leukemia.
- Bromelain: This supplement can help treat health conditions associated with chronic inflammation, like allergies, sinusitis, ulcerative colitis, and osteoarthritis. It stimulates digestion and improves heart health.
- Cayenne Pepper: It helps reduce the risk of cancer, relieve pain, lowers blood pressure, and boosts metabolism. Also, it’s known to reduce hunger, thus can help aid in weight loss.
Health supplements can be used to fill in nutrient gaps, improve mental health and cognitive function, boost immunity, and reduce signs and symptoms of various medical conditions. Unlike traditional medicines, dietary supplements don’t have serious side effects and promote health and total wellness safely. That’s why taking health supplements every day is highly recommended for a healthier and happier life.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Partners (see all)
- The Weird & Wonderful Ways Women Are Getting Rid Of Period Pain - November 15, 2019
- Top 10 Positive Health Effects Of Laughter - November 15, 2019
- The Health Challenges Facing Children in the Foster Care System - November 14, 2019