Eating a healthy diet is important in preventing the impacts of other behaviors that might not be the most healthy for you. Many people struggle to eat fruits and vegetables on a regular basis, especially green vegetables that are part of any healthy diet. Some medical experts encourage blending and processing such green vegetables to make consuming them less challenging.
Smoothies are an obvious starting point. Healthy vegetables and fruits can be combined, mixing them and making sure to include tastier ones such as sweet fruits, and pureed. Once well blended, the results can be drunk straight down without fuss. This can be effective for both adults as well as children, and be an easy and acceptable way to sneak some healthy components into an otherwise less than medically positive diet.
Some people don’t object to the fruits and vegetables as much as they do how difficult or time consuming it can be to prepare them for consumption. The effort of peeling and chewing are common complaints. Smoothies can remove this objection. Further, the blending can make it more likely more of the nutrients in the food is absorbed by the digestive tract. When blended, the particle sizes of the food is significantly reduced, doing a lot of the mechanical and other digestive work for our body.
Turn foods into smoothies to boost how the nutrition is absorbed into your system. #HealthStatus
- 1Unhealthy lifestyle behaviors associated with an increased risk of premature death include smoking, excessive alcohol drinking, and not eating enough greens.
- 2Consider adding in some curly parsley, another mild beginner green to start with.
- 3Carotenoid phytonutrients, like beta-carotene and lycopene, can exist as microscopic crystals trapped inside the cell walls of fruits and vegetables.
See the original at: https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/11/14/how-to-maximize-nutrient-absorption/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 5 Habits That Are Affecting Your Flexibility And Range Of Motion - March 27, 2020
- 7 Best Vegetarian Protein Sources - March 19, 2020
- 6 Innovative Medical Devices That Transformed Health Care - March 18, 2020