Melissa Morphet was diagnosed at age 32 with two autoimmune disorders: ulcerative colitis and ankylosing spondylitis. These disorders caused her to have gas and bloating and were affecting proper digestion. After researching her illnesses and realizing that they can be improved, or made worse, by things like stress and certain foods, she decided to change her lifestyle. She incorporated stress-relieving activies like yoga into her routines, made sure to get as much sleep as possible, and got lots of fresh air. On top of this, Melissa also changed her diet drastically. Previously, she had been eating a high-grain, high-sugar diet and combining it with her highly active life. So to combat her symptoms, she began adhering to a paleo diet – meaning she consumes high-fat, low carbohydrate, low sugar foods. In addition to this, she also consumes two bowls of bone broth a day. Melissa attributes her improvements in digestion to her daily consumption of the broth, and says since she began this routine, she has “never looked back.” Melissa is managing her autoimmune disorders by maintaining her stress levels, eating foods that work with her body instead of against it, and making sure aid her digestion with bone broth.
Do you have inflammation, or an autoimmune disease? Bone broth to the rescue! #HealthStatus
- 1Those who consume natural remedies that contain garlic are less likely to suffer from a lack of iron in the blood.
- 2Research led me to believe that a high fat, low sugar and low carb diet was the best approach.
- 3Anyone who suffers from inflammatory bowel or joint inflammation will know that you have their good days and bad days.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021