It seems like the medical facts and recommendations about diet, and what should be in our diet, changes all the time. Calcium has gone from an essential nutrient so critical that it should be supplemented in the food we eat, to the current recommendations that suggest calcium supplements are unnecessary. At one point, it was thought higher levels of calcium could have a minor beneficial effect on blood pressure levels. Another result of excessive calcium is fat malabsorption. When there are high calcium levels in the digestive tract, it can combine with fat to form soap. When this occurs, it lowers the absorption of fat into the body; keeping it in the digestive tract where it is eventually expelled via the large intestine. The health impacts of this were to lower cholesterol.
But further investigation into high calcium levels did not end with the results medical researchers expected. Heart attack risk did not drop in concert with increasing calcium levels. In fact, they saw an uptick in cardiac risk. After an intensive review of all the available data, doctors were able to confirm this puzzling result. Higher consumption of calcium did correlate with increased risk of stroke or cardiac arrest.
While the supplement industry isn’t pleased with this new information, for health conscious consumers it could be very important.
Loading up on calcium supplements could be hurting your health. Don’t make a fatal mistake. #HealthStatus
- 1Calcium supplements are unnatural to the body and have negative effects.
- 2Calcium by way of food doesn’t shock the body the way supplements do.
- 3Calcium in supplements alarms the body and it is unable to process it the way nature intended.
Did You Know?
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021
- How Online Counselling Has Changed Mental Health Care - August 6, 2021