Caffeine does provide some benefits. Caffeine can make you feel alert, focused and energetic. It also has been shown to help short term memory and reduce your risk of cognitive decline. Too much caffeine and you can become jittery, anxious, have some digestive discomfort and increase your heart rate. If you think you may be consuming too much caffeine a slow cut back is the way to proceed and it may be unpleasant. Remember you don’t have to cut it out all together. Caffeine tolerance varies from person to person. Your medications and lifestyle habits will contribute to how you handle caffeine.
- 1Be prepared for withdrawal symptoms.
- 2Establish a sleep routine.
- 3Set a caffeine curfew.
According to the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, a healthy adult can safely consume up to 400 milligrams of caffeine per day.
Read the full article at:
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Genes Found Related to the Reduction of Proteins that Contribute to Alzheimer’s Onset - July 16, 2018
- Resveratrol Supplements Are Finally Put to the Test - July 16, 2018
- Indirect Decompression to Treat Spinal Stenosis - July 14, 2018