Bath bombs are a very soothing and immersed way to give yourself a very luxurious bath. They have been gaining a lot of popularity in recent years and have caught on to a lot of niches in spas because of the benefits to your skin and the feels of the bursting fizz that fills your tub as your relax. A bomb bath is has some ingredients that are not clear as they are listed as “fragrance” but the FDA does not require the company to break down what type of chemicals go into the fragrance so it could be anything. There has been recent research that have shown that there are toxic chemical in these fragrances and this could cause a major problem to others being exposed to the product. Now they have done a bit more research and have found that it may not be as great you suspect and it could actually cause some harm to individuals. Consumersafety.org has recently addressed this problem and launched an investigation. Their findings were surprising as the chemicals that product the bath could potentially be harmful to people being exposed and could cause further health concerns in the future. If you are looking for a nice bubble bath there are natural alternatives and recipes you can easily find to satisfy your need.
- 1Bath bombs generally tout ingredients like aromatherapy oils and skin emollients.
- 2A legal loophole, however, allows companies to list an ingredient as a fragrance, without divulging what the actual chemical constituents are.
- 3Some “fragrance” additives may be carcinogenic, or related to health conditions, such as obesity, hormonal dysfunction, and attention deficit disorder.
See the original at: http://www.healthline.com/health-news/chemicals-in-bath-bombs
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Your Gut Affects More Than Just Digestion:Understanding Gut Health - November 14, 2019
- The Many Causes of Hip Pain - November 13, 2019
- Clever Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide - November 11, 2019