The experts at consumer reports examine various solutions to the common problem of weak hair, nails, and skin. Many solutions to this problem are available, from common sense lifestyle changes up to expensive hair and skincare products. Experts from prestigious universities were interviewed, and their specialized knowledge on the subject enlightens us to discover that many of these expensive products are not regulated by the government, and when tested show they do not have the claimed amount of beneficials nutrients and vitamins that they claim to have. They also cite a time when a dietary supplement actually had so much of a certain vitamin that it caused damage to people’s hair and nails. Oftentimes, various minerals are used in high end hair and skincare products based on very little scientific evidence that such expensive and hard to find ingredients are actually helpful. For example, one study cited for a mineral in many of these products had one study done on it many years ago, with a small sample size and it has never been recreated by another researcher, so it is very hard to tell if this study is truly a valid proof that such mineral aids in helping the health of hair and nails.
Scientists don’t see evidence that vitamins help with thin hair or brittle nails. What do you think? #HealthStatus
- 1Defciencies in nutrients can lead to problems with hair, skin, and nails.
- 2Those who have been on antibiotics long term, use anti-seizure drugs, have thyroid issues or have an iron deficiency are at greater risk for developing hair, skin and nail issues.
- 3Eat plenty of protein to keep your hair healthy.
See the original at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/little-evidence-for-supplements-to-treat-thinning-hair-dry-skin-and-brittle-nails/2017/08/04/e330cf52-2c37-11e7-a616-d7c8a68c1a66_story.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021