Optifast is a diet that was first established in the mid 1970s. Unlike many fad diets, Optifast is designed to be a diet you undertake with a doctor’s direct supervision. It’s intended for patients who are severely obese, defined as those who are fifty or more pounds above their proper body weight.
Over the eighteen week diet, Optifast patients are subjected to regular medical supervision as the specific diet they’ll follow is customized for their particular needs. Most of the diet consists of liquids, with a later transition to some solid foods, and is conducted alongside a tailored exercise program.
On an Optifast diet, weight loss results are guaranteed. Most participants will see their calorie counts cut in half, and combined with the workout regimen will produce rapid results. And because medical staff is involved, health hazards are minimized.
Patients going on an Optifast diet will be screened by doctors who check for any problems that would preclude the diet. The specifics of that patient’s Optifast diet will be set, and a program will be mapped out to take the patient forward on the weight loss plan. Most patients will drop as much as five pounds a week initially, and continue losing weight throughout the program. The final steps of Optifast include instructions and training in how to maintain the weight loss.
The Optifast Diet teams you with doctors who create a guaranteed weight loss program. #HealthStatus
- 1Optifast was created in 1974, and is a medically supervised weight loss program for people who are obese.
- 2The diet is an eighteen week program for those struggling with weight management.
- 3Participants of the program receive a custom meal plan, which is mostly liquid, but will eventually move to solid foods.
See the original at: https://www.nutritioninspector.com/optifast-review/
Did You Know?
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021