More people will lose some of their vision than lose hearing or have impaired cognitive function. Macular degeneration is the most common cause of impaired vision. Your macula is near the center of the retina. When fatty protein deposits (drusen) form on the back of the eye and influence the death of retinal cells resulting in deteriorating vision. When macular degeneration takes place after the age of 60 it is referred to as Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
Early Symptoms: blurred central vision and straight line (like doorframes) appear distorted.
Risk Factors for AMD: over 50, smoker, overweight, diabetic, unhealthy diet, fair skin, light eyes, history of cataracts.
AMD can make everyday tasks difficult but rarely results in full blindness.
Prevention: eat a balanced diet, lots of fruits and vegetables, olive oil, get the recommended amount of vitamin A, take a multi-vitamin.
Like a car your body needs upkeep. Keep the repairs off you have a high resale value within yourself #HealthStatus
- 1AMD is the most common form of vision loss people suffer from.
- 2You are at higher risk for AMD if you are older, overweight, and have certain demographic markers.
- 3AMD is preventable with proper diet, including supplements, and non supplement interventions from your doctor.
See the original at: http://www.corespirit.com/prevent-macular-degeneration-with-supplements/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Natural Cold and Flu Remedies From Around the World - November 19, 2018
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018