Protein is necessary for aiding many of our body functions including but not limited to digestion, tissue growth, and transporting nutrients to our cells. You can ensure you are getting enough protein by eating foods that are rich in it like most meats and poultry, eggs, or even using a protein supplement. There should always be protein in every meal you eat. People like body builders and weight lifters should eat even more protein because it contains amino acids that aid in muscle growth. It repairs muscle that has been damaged during weight lifting or training.
The University of Kent did an experiment to determine how much protein is enough for us.
- They concluded that those who consumed 0/9 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight did not eat enough for protein synthesis (the process of rebuilding and repairing muscle) to take place.
- However, those who ate 1.4 grams per kilogram of body weight did successfully initiate protein synthesis.
- They also came to the conclusion that just because someone increases the amount of protein in their diet does not necessarily mean it will increase protein synthesis in their body. It may increase the amount of amino acids that help with this muscle repair though, but there may not be a significant difference in protein synthesis.
Protein is essential to good health, but what’s the right amount to keep you in top shape? #HealthStatus
- 1Protein + amino acids repair muscle tissues that are damaged during training.
- 21.4 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight will activate protein synthesis.
- 3Protein is a necessary ingredient for growth of body tissues.
See the original at: https://blog.muscle-zone.com/protein-protein-how-much-should-we-consume-per-day-2/
Did You Know?
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this product.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Coping In A Toxic Work Environment - December 17, 2018
- Weighted Blankets Improve Sleep - December 13, 2018
- AP Exclusive: First Gene-Edited Babies Claimed in China - December 12, 2018