There is a ongoing and worrisome problem that is affecting children, not only in the United states but also worldwide. Research has found that more that 200 million children have Vitamin A deficiency. Leading scientist have identified this as a major risk to young children as it can lead to many childhood and life long diseases. Many children in impoverished countries are at an even higher risk for developing Vitamin A deficiency. Scientist are now rushing to study how Vitamin A can be converted within the body. Through intense research, scientist have given us a ray of hope to fight against the deficiency of Vitamin A in the body. Scientist found that the 15 cis enzyme can greatly help in compounding Vitamin A in the body and starting a pathway to hope and success of controlling the deficiency in the body and replenish the deficiency. The research does not stop there, multiple groups are doing research on the chemical reaction to see what if any role it plays in solving the problem of Vitamin A deficiency. Although the findings from the studies have been very promising, there is still much work to do in order solve this problem once and for all.
New enzyme crucial to the production of vitamin A in plants, scientists say. #HealthStatus
- 1There was a discovery of a new enzyme that is critical to the biosynthesis of Vitamin A.
- 2Carotene isomerase is an integral protein building block of making Vitamin A.
- 3Vitamin A is produced by an isomerase reacting with a heme protein.
See the original at: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-06/gsu-rdn061515.php
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Four Easy To Adopt Habits That Help You Shed Excess Weight - May 27, 2020
- How To Deal With Anxiety And Stress During These Difficult COVID-19 Times? - May 27, 2020
- How Probiotics Can Assist With Immunity - May 26, 2020