The market for dietary supplements is ever growing, especially as medical and nutritional scientists unearth new items with previously unknown health benefits. Our collective obsession with youth is an area many are keen to capitalize on, and fortunately there are supplements that can help beat back the ravages of age. Resveratrol is one such supplement that supplement manufacturers have claimed can assist in that goal.
Or can it? Found naturally in red wine, resveratrol has been promoted as a key component in a diet designed to help you look and feel younger. But new research into these claims has revealed it might be more flash than fact. Some researchers who have promoted resveratrol have been found to be taking millions in funding to offer support for the supplement’s supposed claims. And other studies, ones conducted independently and fairly, are revealing that in fact resveratrol may be harmful, not helpful, to your health.
Athletes and others who engage in regular exercise have been shown to see their arteries constrict when taking resveratrol supplements. This reduces the amount of oxygen available to the body, and can be dangerous. And even when a person can take resveratrol without putting their health at risk, it does reduce the efficiency of their time in the gym. So maybe resveratrol isn’t the best thing to keep on your shelf.
Are resveratrol supplements good for your health? The research is in, and it’s bad. #HealthStatus
- 1Red Wine is believed to be that magic bullet that can make us live longer – resveratrol was thought to be the beneficial component in red wine.
- 2Trials using animals and resveratrol are not producing the same results in humans.
- 3Further research on resveratrol needs to be done before supplementation should be recommended.
See the original at: https://nutritionfacts.org/2018/05/24/resveratrol-supplements-are-finally-put-to-the-test/
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of March 22nd, 2023 are Here
- This Ultimate Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
Purium Top Sellers
Let HealthStatus Send You a $50.00 Gift Card