Winter is conducive to a weakened immune system, due to natural conditions over which we have no control. For example, winter conditions compel people to be inside more, which leads to less activity and a more poor diet. Both of these factors can contribute to weakening the immune system.
This is no concern if we make an effort to take small steps and engage in activities that will strengthen the immune system during winter. For example, continuing to engage in physical activity and eating a healthy and balanced diet will promote immune strength. Additionally, being sure to get rest and relaxation so that one is not constantly under stress will help to strengthen the immune system during winter. As well, avoiding sugar and foods that are high in sugar will be very effective. Sugar can slow down the body’s natural ability to heal, so it would be prudent to avoid highly processed sugar and items that contain it such as candy and desserts. As a final suggestion, consuming natural probiotics will help to aid the immune system during winter. Certain foods such as cauliflour, celery, and sauerkraut contain natural probiotics and their consumption will aid in digestion and strengthen the immune system.
So, it is clear that there are simple steps that an individual can take to strengthen the immune system during the cold days of winter when the urge is to hibernate inside.
Winter is coming! Be proactive. Prepare yourself and increase your chances of staying healthy. #HealthStatus
- 1In summer, more activity and availability of fresh produce helps us eat healthier and exercise more.
- 2Doing physical activity, even in the winter months, helps your body fight off infection, but do find time to rest.
- 3A healthy diet helps your immune system and should include probiotics, and you should also avoid sugars.
See the original at: http://blog.muscle-zone.com/simple-ways-to-strengthen-your-immune-system-in-winter/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 5 Habits That Are Affecting Your Flexibility And Range Of Motion - March 27, 2020
- 7 Best Vegetarian Protein Sources - March 19, 2020
- 6 Innovative Medical Devices That Transformed Health Care - March 18, 2020