Unlike food regulations, the FDA is does not require supplements to have a complex list of do’s and don’ts. In today’s society vitamins, supplements, shakes, and so forth are all part of a “healthy lifestyle”. You see people on a daily basis posting and tweeting about their current love of supplements, but did you know they could end up hurting you? There is nothing wrong with taking supplements but it would be wise to do your homework before diving head first into the world of supplements. Be aware of how your supplement is categorized because it could lead to a life and death situation. Not all supplements are under the same scrutiny as the bottle that sits to left and right of it on the store shelves. Its a complex business and one that you need to understand.
- 1Probiotics are powders, liquids, or pills made up of live bacteria thought to help maintain the body’s natural balance of gut microorganisms.
- 2Some neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) have been giving them to preemies in recent years based on evidence that they can help ward off deadly intestinal disease.
- 3Some doctors are concerned about that trend. Because probiotics can be classified as dietary supplements, they don’t have to be held to the same regulatory standards as prescription or even over-the-counter drugs.
Because probiotics can be classified as dietary supplements, they don’t have to be held to the same regulatory standards as prescription or even over-the-counter drugs.
Read the full article at: https://www.consumerreports.org/vitamins-supplements/supplements-can-make-you-sick/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- CBD Connects The Dots Between IBS, Anxiety, Stress, And Sleep - January 20, 2021
- How To Maintain A Healthy Brain As You Age - January 18, 2021
- Live A Healthy Life By Avoiding These Traps - January 11, 2021