If you want to not just look your best, but feel your best, taking care of your skin is an important step toward that goal. General good health is definitely essential, but even someone who exercises and maintains a healthy diet can struggle to look as fabulous as they feel. Skincare is essential to putting your best face forward to the world.
Green tea isn’t just for drinking, though it’s certainly a great beverage that can provide a number of useful health benefits when ingested. When applied topically as part of a skincare regimen green tea can guard against a number of common sources of damage and stress that can affect your skin and leave you looking less than your best.
Sun exposure is damaging to the skin, as the UV rays break down skin cells and lead to eventual sunburn. Green tea contains polyphenol, which is a protective substance that can guard against UV exposure and even help boost your skin’s ability to recover from it. Further, green tea’s polyphenols can also help counteract the effects of air or water pollution. These sources of pollution can contain any number of nasty chemicals that attack your skin, but the polyphenols can again act as a guard to prevent damage and a boost to help restore any effects you may suffer.
Green tea isn’t just good in your cup, it can be great for your skin when applied topically. #HealthStatus
- 1Although Green tea can safeguard your skin from sun damage, it’s still no substitute for sunscreen.
- 2A polyphenol in Green tea, epigallocatch-3-gallate (EGCG) can protect your skin from pollutants that invade and degrade it.
- 3Anti-oxidants and tannins in Green tea can work wonders for your skin in warding off inflammations.
See the original at: https://kriscarr.com/blog/benefits-of-green-tea-for-skin/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021