Lemons are known to be a fruit full of vitamin C and full of health benefits to the human body. However, there are a large variety of health complications that can arise from excessive amounts of lemon. Due to its acidic nature, lemons in excess can lead to the development of peptic ulcers. Acid reflux, often associated with nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and sore throat, can be brought on by the acidity of lemons. When consumed in large amounts, lemons can cause frequent urination, which often leads to dehydration in the human body. An amino acid found in lemons called tyramine is found to cause a rush of blood to the brain leading to frequent migraine attacks. Lemon peels used in cooking can lead to the development of kidney stones. The acids in lemons alongside the natural sugar content can lead to a number of oral issues such a cavities or tooth decay. Too much can lead to upset stomach as an overload of vitamin C causes the body to feeling nauseous and have stomach pain. As with everything, lemons are good to eat in moderation. Most of the issues mentioned occur when lemons are consumed in excess. Lemons can be beneficial to your body in the appropriate doses.
- 1Lemons have many well-known benefits but we must be careful not to over use them as they can also do harm in large quantities or if you suffer from a gastric disorder or migraines.
- 2The amount of citric acid found in lemons may not only be burning our insides, they may also be the cause of our tooth cavities and enamel decay.
- 3Be careful not to quench your thirst by drinking too much lemonade in the summer because it may actually dehydrate you as lemons are a natural diuretic.
See the original at: https://www.boldsky.com/health/wellness/2017/lemon-side-effects-115777.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 3 Different Types Of Spinal Stenosis - April 1, 2021
- 3 Reasons People Use Organic Hand Soaps - February 24, 2021
- 3 Ways The Healthcare System Has Adapted To Remote Working - February 15, 2021