Adderall isn’t just for kids now; college students, even adult workers, are taking the stimulant in greater numbers than was once found. A new Netflix documentary, “Take Your Pills”, looks at the history of Adderall and other stimulants prescribed by doctors, and how shifting attitudes towards such drugs has changed the willingness of people to use them more and more openly.
The results have been a little surprising for some of those interviewed in the documentary. Drugs, especially drugs popular with college aged adults, traditionally had been of the types and for the purpose of relaxing and seeking some form of a high. But Adderall is a drug used with the intention of enhancing and sharpening focus, with the intention of performing better.
Modern stresses people place, on themselves as well as others, are higher than ever. Students, athletes, employees; more and more people feel pressured to increase their performance and get ahead of what those around them can deliver. When it comes to a stimulant, it could be as simple as staying awake longer, which gives more time to accomplish tasks. But Adderall is also felt to be a drug that improves focus, not merely allows a longer waking period with which to focus.
The issue is there could be serious side effects when using a drug that affects the central nervous system as Adderall does.
Worried about Adderall? A new Netflix documentary could fill you in so you don’t have to wonder. #HealthStatus
- 1The drug is really for individuals who have ADHD and if taken without having this disease it is useless.
- 2The drug is taken as an upper for students who are in college. It is a form of addiction.
- 3Taking this drug may cause the student to need counseling in the future.
See the original at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/netflix-documentary-on-adderall-epidemic
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Living with Eczema - August 20, 2019
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019