A new weight loss drug has been scientifically reviewed for cardiovascular risk, and found to not increase such risk in patients who are above their normal weight. Each participant in the study was diagnosed with either more than one risk factor for heart disease, or already had cardiovascular disease with atherosclerotic aspects. The study ran for more than thirty-six months, and focused on cardiovascular risks from taking the drug, lorcaserin. No patient showed elevated risk factors, even though half were taking a placebo pill to rule out any mental stress or other imagined factors participants might experience based on the thoughts of being involved in a drug trial.
Specifically, only two percent of study participants taking lorcaserin experienced cardiovascular problems, which was slightly lower than the two point one percent who were not taking lorcaserin. Similar results were found with patients who experienced heart failure incidents, had to be admitted to a hospital for chest pains, or needed treatment to open clogged cardiovascular arteries. Four point one percent of lorcaserin patients had those complications, compared to four point two of the placebo patients.
Additionally, after twelve months nearly thirty-nine percent of participants taking lorcaserin had lost at least five percent body weight, against barely seventeen percent of patients taking the placebo pill.
New research indicates lorcaserin, a drug intended to assist with weight loss, is safe to use #HealthStatus
- 1Lorcaserin usage does not increase one’s risk of major cardiovascular events.
- 2The drug, sold under the brand name of Belviq, costs about $280 per month.
- 3Side effects, including headache, fatigue, dizziness, diarrhea, and nausea, led to some people discontinuing use during the study.
Did You Know?
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this product.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Eye Health – Cataracts - February 18, 2019
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019