Research about coffee in relation to health has been ongoing for some time. Are there any conclusive results about who should and shouldn’t be drinking coffee? A large scale study has shown that for older people, drinking coffee is correlated with a decrease in mortality rates due to lowering risk associated with heart disease, respiratory disease, stroke, injuries and accidents, diabetes, and infections. However, another study showed that for people aged 55 or less, drinking coffee was associated with an increased mortality rate. Generally, most studies tell us that coffee drinking has a very small effect and only decreases mortality rates by a small amount.
Coffee intake only needs to be limited if people already have issues such as those experiencing incontinence, acid reflux, low bone density, glaucoma, epilepsy, and trouble sleeping. Coffee or the caffeine in the coffee can worsen these conditions. It was also thought that coffee caused irregularities in heart rhythms, but this has proven to be not the case. It has actually be proven to protect against irregular heart rhythms. In conclusion, caffeine in coffee isn’t too much of a health hazard. However, the high levels of caffeine in energy drinks has been proven to be lethal at dosages that are higher than 12 energy drinks per day.
Debunking Coffee Health Myths, Find Out If You Should Avoid the Brew #HealthStatus
- 1It was found in a study that coffee actually increased the death rate of younger people under the age of 55. It is best to drink less than 4 cups of coffee per day to avoid any health risks.
- 2Sleep quality can actually be worsened by drinking a cup of coffee night. This can be worsened for people who have trouble sleeping.
- 3There is also an association with urinary incontinence and coffee consumption. Urinary leakage can also be irritated by just two cups of coffee a day.
See the original at: https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/10/19/who-should-avoid-coffee/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018