Many people avoid the doctor due to embarrassing health problems that they are ashamed of. But when you are pregnant you don’t have an option, a doctor is a must, there is just no getting around it. On your initial visit to your OB/GYN your previous medical history gets a detailed scan along with your family health history as well. There are secrets that you may have that you are not willing to share, not even with your OB/GYN. But, be careful because keeping certain secrets can complicate your pregnancy or even worse have potential problems for your growing baby. Read up on what you must tell your doctor during your pregnancy, it could make or break your pregnancy.
- 1 You’re afraid of becoming a mother. These emotions are completely normal and expected–and it’s important to discuss them with your OB/GYN. “As if the slew of new hormones introduced to your body during pregnancy weren’t enough to throw you off kilter, your body’s also changing physically and you’re mentally preparing for the biggest change of your life,” says Leah S. Millheiser, M.D., OB/GYN, director of the female sexual medicine program at Stanford University.
- 2 You’re drinking during pregnancy. While the verdict isn’t totally clear when it comes to how much alcohol is dangerous during pregnancy, the American College of Gynecology’s stance still remains that all pregnant women should abstain from all alcohol during pregnancy.
- 3 You’re a smoker and can’t quit. Smoking, even in small amounts, is a serious issue during pregnancy, especially when the patient isn’t being up front with their OB/GYN about how much and how often.
“There’s no such thing as a stupid question or confession when it comes to a pregnant patient, or any patient for that matter,” says Sherry Ross, M.D., OB/GYN and women’s health expert at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California. “But in pregnancy, there’s another person involved and certain behaviors could have a significant damaging effect on you or your child.”
Read the full article at: https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/secrets-you-really-shouldn-t-keep-from-your-obgyn-when-pregnant
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021