While pregnant you have many discussions and thoughts about how to keep your baby safe while in the womb. For one you have to eat healthy and smart so you don’t cause your baby any problems all the while keeping yourself healthy as well. There is new research showing that most American women do not eat healthy enough to keep their baby as healthy as possible. As for pregnant women if your not eating healthy it can lead to problems with the birth such as Obesity, preeclampsia, fetal growth restriction, and preterm birth. These are some very serious problems that should be taken seriously for anyone bearing a child. The first step is to educate the women and let them know what types of food are healthy and how much to eat while they are child bearing so they are not malnourishing their child. There are been many article about dietary guidelines but they are finding more and more that some parents feel they can just eat more of the same food they have been eating to keep the child at a healthy weight. Now they are doing research to see how diet during the pre-pregnancy period can improve the baby and lead to a better overall pregnancy and birth outcome.
- 1Eating healthfully is important for pregnant women, as it lessens the risk of pregnancy problems, such as obesity.
- 2A study encompassing more than 7000 pregnant women, of various backgrounds, showed that none of the women’s diets met the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- 3However, the study also showed that the more education a woman received the better her diet became.
See the original at: https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_164153.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Learn How to Sleep All Night Naturally and Not Wake Up - December 13, 2017
- The Top 10 Supplements to Boost Energy - December 13, 2017
- What To Do If You Eat Lunch Too Early - December 12, 2017