A recent Israeli study has shown a possible link between use of acetaminophen during pregnancy and an increased chance of ADHD and autism. The study showed that there was a strong link between using Tylenol, or any other acetaminophen product, for 28 days or longer during pregnancy can lead to a 20% increase in chance of developing autism and a 30% increase in chance of developing ADHD. These findings, however, are not the actual risk but just the relative risk (to other group members of the study) so these findings may be misleading or cause unnecessary concern.
There are other factors involved in the development of ADHD and autism. For instance, ADHD can be transferred genetically from mother to offspring. Also, there is evidence that pain and fever during pregnancy can negatively affect a fetus, as well as trauma to the fetus itself, such as a blow to the woman’s abdomen, using forceps during delivery, or a troublesome C-section.
In the end, the use of acetaminophen is considered safe in small doses during pregnancy, but if there are more long-term ailments causing pain and inflammation, other options should be considered to reduce inflammation. One should always avoid unnecessary medications during pregnancy, regardless of safety.
New research points to acetaminophen being a problem for your unborn child if you’re pregnant. #HealthStatus
- 1While Tylenol used to be considered safe for pregnant women, it no longer is.
- 2Taking Tylenol more than 28 days during pregnancy increased chances of ADHD.
- 3It is better to have an anti-inflammatory diet if you’re in pain during pregnancy than take Tylenol.
Designed to help people who may want an alternative to NSAIDs or non-steroidal drugs and aspirin, OR those who no longer qualify for a prescription (as well as those who simply reject pharmaceutical drugs) yet have discomfort related to some physical trauma. Naturally help EASE your body from daily wear and tear, with Turmacin that may support healthy muscles and joints.
- Can support body’s response to inflammation
- May support healthy responses to physical tension
- May be taken daily
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018