A lot of women have a mom pooch that they misunderstand to be a cosmetic issue, along with lower back pain. They also don’t know that it is not a cosmetic issue, but something that really can be fixed in as little as 12 weeks. Personal trainer, Leah Keller created the exercise called the Dia Method that can be done 10 minutes a day and will have long-lasting effects on the condition of your mummy tummy.
Make no mistake, the 10 minutes that it will take will be intense. It involves abdominal exercises that work those muscles from different angles. Not only should the exercise be hard, but if it is not, it means that you are exerting enough tight squeezing pressure. The key to the exercise is to squeeze tightly and tensely, breathe, and follow the muscle activation sequence.
Most people think that the mummy tummy is more of a cosmetic issue, not understanding that it actually is a health concern. The medical problem that contributes to the mummy tummy is called diastasis recti, which is when the abdominal muscles stretch to the side, overstretching the middle connective tissue of the torso, and causing the bulge. What we see is a weak muscle trying to support our body from the front, which is in most cases, is the result of pregnancy. The mummy tummy is not only something that may be uncomfortable for a woman, but it also makes them vulnerable for having the connective tissue tear, which would expose organs and pose a serious health issue.
- 1“Mummy tummy” is not just a cosmetic problem; it’s actually a legitimate health concern.
- 2Most women–and even some doctors–aren’t aware of the proper way to treat diastasis recti. They either end up not doing enough, or doing the wrong thing and making it worse.
- 3Luckily, there’s no time limit on correcting “mummy tummy,” so women of any age can fix the problem with proper exercise.
See the original at: http://www.healthline.com/health-news/mummy-tummy-serious-but-fixable
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018