Some couples don’t have to do much of anything out of the ordinary to get pregnant and start preparing for the baby that’s now on the way. Other couples, unfortunately, can find conception is a little more elusive. And in these cases, many hopeful parents-to-be will start looking at anything that might improve their odds of conceiving that baby.
Something that’s as easy to adjust as it is perhaps amusing is what kind of underwear the husband wears. New medical research shows that men who wear loose fitting underwear, such as boxers, have a higher level of fertility than men who favor closer fitting underwear such as briefs. The researchers tested sperm counts of men, and one of the results discovered when the data was reviewed was this connection between underwear styles and sperm counts.
Men who wear tighter fitting underwear were measured to have lower levels of sperm concentration and overall sperm counts, and increased levels of a hormone that can signal fertility issues. Researchers caution that the difference was not large, but it was measurable. For couples who are eager to get started without delay, or who have been struggling to conceive, having the man in the relationship change to a different kind of underwear is one of the easier and probably less involved adjustments that could help.
The kind of underwear the man in your life prefers will have an impact on your conception chances #HealthStatus
- 1Boxer briefs keep men cooler down there and cool is better than heat generally for higher sperm count.
- 2Type of underwear effects the amount rather than the effectiveness or ability of the sperm to swim/move effectively.
- 3Changing underwear styles is an easy and inexpensive way to facilitate conception.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Child Constipation - July 22, 2019
- How Safe Is Your Public Swimming Pool? - July 17, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Lactose Intolerance - July 15, 2019