Being an expecting mother is a game called hurry and wait. We are so anxious to see who are child will resemble, how big he or she will be, and most importantly that they are healthy. We have nine months to hurry up and wait, with doctors appointment’s, and baby showers, the nine months never moves fast enough. Well for some mothers the wait is not as painful as others. A new study has found that the mothers urine is able to track the progress of a baby regarding size and overall health. A mothers urine contains a metabolic substance that can better help you understand your babies needs. Learn how this study can impact your child’s life before he/she enters your arms.
- 1Urine samples in pregnancy may help doctors assess fetal growth and individualize recommendations for the baby’s health, a new study contends.
- 2Abnormal fetal growth and birth weight are risk factors for chronic diseases later in life, including type 2 diabetes and obesity, the researchers noted.
- 3But metabolic substances in a mother’s urine appear to indicate how large a baby will be at birth, the researchers said.
“this proof-of principle study highlights the value metabolic profiling of pregnant women could have on personalizing pregnancy plans to improve fetal growth outcomes,” the researchers said.
Read the full article at: https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_161868.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Post Workout Drink: Pickle Juice? - May 22, 2019
- Can You Still Get Mumps Even Though You Are Vaccinated? - May 20, 2019
- Are Eggs Good or Bad for You? New Research Rekindles Debate - May 15, 2019