When it comes to opening car doors, people might not think about it but there is actually a certain particular way in which you should open your car door. One particular way in which you should always open your car doors is that you should always open your car door with your right hand. The only reason that you would not want to open your car door with your left hand is if you live in England or another left side of the road driving country in particular. This reason for this particular way of opening car doors with your right hand is because it is a safety in order to keep cyclist safe while on the road. The particular term of hitting a cyclist with your door is a term called dooring. This refers to a situation in which someone is exiting their car and opens their driver door directly into the path of an oncoming cyclist that they did not know was there.
- 1Have you ever almost doored a cyclist (or almost been doored cycling)?
- 2“The Dutch Reach” is an incredibly simple behavior that could save a person’s life.
- 3“The Dutch Reach” should be mandatory teaching in driver’s ed.
An incredibly simple behaviour that could save a person’s life – it should be mandatory teaching in driver’s ed.
Read the full article at: http://www.weightymatters.ca/2016/09/why-you-should-always-open-your-car.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Brain Bleed - November 20, 2019
- Infant Jaundice Common & Treatable - November 18, 2019
- Your Gut Affects More Than Just Digestion:Understanding Gut Health - November 14, 2019