There is a lot of conflicting information out there on how to get your baby to sleep through the night. But, there has been advancements and new data on what not to do to help your baby’s sleep duration.
These findings include no rice cereal before 4 months since studies show that babies fed rice cereal slept less before that age. Mother’s in the past have been feeding babies rice cereal to keep them from needing feeding in the middle of the night, but it is now shown that this does not help sleep duration.
The next is no TV, especially before the age of 2. Overall, TV is not good for kids but babies who are watching TV sleep less than those who are not watching TV.
Another thing to do help your baby sleep is the mother avoiding postpartum depression. Nearly 80% of mothers get some form of depression postpartum, which generally ends soon. However, for some this depression can last. Getting a diagnosis and proper treatment can help improve the mother’s life and the baby’s sleep according to research.
Breast feeding vs formula did not seem to be correlated to baby’s sleep.
Sick of useless advice on how to get your baby to sleep? Try the anti-advice you’ll feel better! #HealthStatus
- 1Rice cereal will not help a child go to sleep when they need to.
- 2TV is not a healthy thing to indulge in and can contribute to debilitating things such as obesity.
- 3Avoiding depression in the mother is an important factor when regulating baby’s sleep.
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- How Sleep Is Different for Men and Women - November 19, 2019
- 3 Things That Won’t Help Your Baby Sleep: The Anti-Advice - November 7, 2019
- Hemp In China: A Hemp Growing Superpower - November 5, 2019