Most of us will obsess over being prepared, in having the right gear, for every task or job we take on in our lives. Whether it’s work or play, we stock our closets and fill our garages with just the right set of equipment to facilitate what we’re doing. Yet few remember we spend more than thirty percent of our entire lives sleeping on a mattress we don’t even think twice about. The lowly mattress just stays in our bedroom, forgotten, even while we toss and turn and suffer from trouble sleeping.
Insomnia, even mild cases, can affect every aspect of your life. Or even just simple trouble sleeping, where you lay awake for longer than you should before drifting off. Or if you find yourself awaking during the night for no specific reason. That’s not a harmless thing, it can cause actual measurable physical and mental effects in your life. Stress, back pain, distracted attention span, and more can all be exacerbated when you aren’t getting a full and restful night’s sleep.
Doctors and sleep specialists can be expensive. A good mattress, one that works for you, that lets you sleep when you want for as long as you want, is an investment in your life that will pay dividends. Don’t let the critical yet often neglected third of your life drag down your waking hours.
Trouble sleeping? It could be your mattress. Is it fixable? Glad you asked. #HealthStatus
- 1Buying a new mattress can alleviate stress due to an increase in sleep and decrease in pain.
- 2“Medium firm” is not objective, it means different things to many different people, and there is little to no evidence that firm or soft mattress is better for sleep.
- 3You should never use your mattress as an office, and you should limit the use of electronic devices while in bed.
See the original at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/09/mattress-sleep-health_n_4740435.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What is Phenibut? - May 23, 2018
- Later Middle School Start Times Tied to Longer Sleep for Kids - May 23, 2018
- Sauna And Its Acne-Fighting Properties - May 22, 2018