Getting a good night’s sleep is important but if you don’t get one, here are ways to compensate for sleep loss.
The first thing you should do is eat, sleep deprivation can make you hungry and crave junk food all day. Eating protein can keep you full and energized all day.
Getting out in the sun or turning on lights can help make you more alert.
A little light exercise can wake you up and get you going.
If you don’t want to exercise, deep breathing through your mouth or deeply through your nostrils. By alternating which one you breath through also gets you awake and alert.
Use the cold to keep you alert, turn down the thermostat or even run your hands under cold water keeps you awake and alert.
Drink lots of water during the day, it prevents exhaustion from dehydration.
Drink coffee too. Coffee gets you going but try not to drink it after 2 pm or you might not get to sleep easily that night.
Try to not take naps during the day, if you are so tired that you need one, keep it short and try to be done by 3 pm.
Avoid screen time up to two hours before you go to bed, the light from your devices is stimulating and can keep you up.
It’s best to avoid things that can give you another bad night’s sleep.
- 1Eating right can really help you get back on track.
- 2Getting some sun can help your body get back to normal sleep schedule.
- 3Exercise may be hard, but it can give you a deeper sleep after a bad one.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021