Beauty sleep is a term that has been around for a very long time and many people might actually start to wonder if getting sleep can make you beautiful. The term “beauty sleep” is a very common expression. It turns out that if you want to look your best, then getting enough sleep is essential and there are reasons why this is the case. Our skin benefits a lot from sleep. There is something called Cortisol that is regulated when we sleep and it can wreak havoc on us if there is too much of it in our systems. If we do not get enough rest, then our cortisol levels will rise and this will cause our skin to look very bad. You can have skin breakouts or excessively oily skin if you do not get enough sleep. There was a recent study done in Sweden that showed people are less likely to seek out sleepy people. They just don’t want to be around someone that is sleepy. Another reason why you need sleep is weight gain. If you sleep enough, then you are more likely to eat less and if you do not sleep enough, then you will eat more.
- 1Getting enough sleep helps to break down Cortisol, a hormone that can lead to breakouts, and give you a more even complexion.
- 2Humans in general do not respond well to a sleepy individual and feel that those that alert will pay better attention to us and our needs.
- 3If you don’t sleep enough, your metabolism slows down and your hormones can trigger you to be hungry, not controlling your weight loss efforts.
See the original at: https://www.brunosleep.co.uk/blog/2017/09/beauty_sleep_attractiveness/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018