It’s not surprising that a good workout can help aide individuals to sleep better. It takes a little more work to understand when the best time to do this workout may be. One thing that makes sleep a restorative for many is the natural drop of blood pressure that normally coincides with good sleep patterns. If sleepers experience apnea, they may not achieve this restorative state. It’s been found that an AM workout can drop blood pressure levels and assist the exerciser in achieving deep sleep more reliably than working out at a later hour would. When it comes to weightlifting, it would seem that any time is okay, as effects on sleep appear not to vary with this type of workout. Although early lifters seem to get to sleep quicker, while nighttime lifters woke up less frequently. Heavy exercising can work for, or against a good night’s sleep, as it creates shifts in the temperature, blood pressure and heart rate that could either prove calming, or stimulating, once done. The only way to know is to try and see.
- 1When you sleep at night, your blood pressure naturally dips by about 10 to 20 percent. That reduction is good for your heart, and may be one way that your body restores itself when you sleep.
- 2Lifting weights at different times of day doesn’t seem to affect nighttime blood pressure or the amount of time spent in different sleep stages. But there are a couple of key differences. Those who pump iron in the a.m. tend to fall asleep faster than those who work out later in the day.
- 3An all-out workout is about as far from a calming bedtime routine as it gets. It raises your body temperature, speeds up your heart rate, and stimulates your nervous system. Exercising intensely too close to bed, for some people, can lead to interrupted sleep.
Lifting weights at different times of day doesn’t seem to affect nighttime blood pressure or the amount of time spent in different sleep stages. But there are a couple of key differences. Those who pump iron in the a.m. tend to fall asleep faster than those who work out later in the day.
Read the full article at: https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/the-best-time-day-exercise-quality-zzzs
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018