Menopause brings with it many frustrating symptoms; hot flashes, dry skin, night sweats, weight gain and sleep issues. Not only are there many symptoms but they vary in intensity too. A large study (94,000 women) conducted by the North American Menopause Society analyzed data from women between the ages of 50 and 79. 31% of the participants were dealing with insomnia. The study found a correlation between the amount of sleep participants were getting and their satisfaction with the frequency of their sexual activity. Sex requires energy but energy requires sleep. So, in order to be more sexually productive, proper sleep is a must. The bad news is problems with sleeping increase as we age. The good news is you can get help to improve your sleep.
- 1The lack of sleep and sleep disturbances related to menopause can lead to sexual problems.
- 2Sleep disturbances are common with aging, and getting less than five hours of sleep a night can lower engaging in regular sexual activities by 30%.
- 3Getting a regular good night’s sleep will help maintain your sexual appetite and sexual activity as you age.
See the original at: https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/better-sleep-better-sex
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Your Gut Affects More Than Just Digestion:Understanding Gut Health - November 14, 2019
- The Many Causes of Hip Pain - November 13, 2019
- Clever Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide - November 11, 2019