From vitamins to herbs, nutrition to fitness, people around the globe have begun taking more interest in their overall health over the last few decades. Sleep is a critical factor of health that many people in India do not prioritize. With busy schedules, people across India only get 6.5 hours of sleep on average. It is recommended that individuals get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep daily to promote optimal health.
What is Sleep Deprivation?
Individuals experience sleep deprivation when they consistently get less rest than what is recommended by health experts. Unfortunately, the majority of the population functions with an inadequate amount of sleep. Some people have conditions that cause them to sleep poorly, including aging, illness, or sleep disorders. Other people simply do not prioritize obtaining the rest they need. If you are regularly getting less than 7 hours of rest each night, it is likely that you will begin seeing the negative effects of sleep deprivation. Common symptoms of sleep deprivation include:
- Decreased Productivity – When you are not receiving an adequate amount of rest, you will likely lose motivation in your day to day tasks. In addition to decreased productivity, many individuals feel an inability to focus on certain tasks throughout the day.
- Depression – Individuals that are constantly tired may begin to experience exhaustion and depression.
- Anxiety – When your body and mind are not functioning at their full potential, you may begin feeling anxious. This anxiousness comes from lack of control and awareness.
- Weight Gain – Exhaustion can cause your body to crave an abnormal amount of sugar. If your body is weak, you will begin craving foods that will give your body immediate energy. In addition, your metabolism will decrease and you will feel less motivated to be active.
It is important to evaluate your lifestyle and determine if you are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with sleep deprivation.
Chronic Diseases Associated With Sleep Deprivation
Chronic sleep deprivation can lead to chronic disease. Chronic diseases are becoming more common across the globe. There is an increase in the nursing demand in Australia partially because more and more patients are being diagnosed with a chronic disease. Sleep deprivation is linked to the diagnosis of multiple chronic diseases, including:
There are preventative steps you can take to lessen your chances of acquiring a chronic illness. If you are not able to get the adequate rest you need, talk to your doctor about a natural remedy that can help you get a healthy amount of sleep each night. Natural remedies could include certain herbs, medicines, therapy sessions, or routines.
Sleep not only allows us to have more energy throughout our daily life, it helps improve our overall health. Getting the right amount of rest each evening has many benefits. Without adequate sleep, you may begin experiencing negative symptoms and in some cases, chronic disease.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Crew (see all)
- 8 Tips For Cleaning Your Grill - March 5, 2021
- How The Klotho Protein Could Be The Key To Understanding And Preventing Hypertension - March 5, 2021
- Benefits Of Going Low Carb - March 4, 2021