Heartburn is something that can give many people sleepless nights. There are ways to treat it though, so that it does not impact your overall sleep schedule. There are five ways that you can ease heartburn at bedtime. The fiery feeling of heartburn is very uncomfortable. It can mess up your sleep and leave you feeling exhausted. There was a poll done that found out that adults that had bedtime heartburn are more likely to experience things like insomnia and daytime sleepiness and even restless leg syndrome. The burning sensation that is associated with heartburn is due to stomach acid that flows up to the esophagus. But, there is some good news that people can get from this.
It is very possible to manage the discomfort:
One thing you need to do to take care of this issue is watch what you eat. Avoid foods that are very fatty, or fried.
Alcohol and nicotine are two other things that you need to avoid. They are all not good for you.
Have your last meal of day three hours before you go to bed as well. This is crucial. If you lay down too soon after eating, then that can trigger acid to ride up from the stomach.
Is heartburn interfering with your sleep??? These tips could help! #HealthStatus
- 1You can reduce heartburn by laying on your left instead of your right because this reduces stress on your lower esophageal sphincter.
- 2Antacids and other medications may be able to help reduce heartburn symptoms.
- 3Wearing looser clothing can also reduce heartburn symptoms. Tight clothes put pressure on abdomen and esophageal sphincter.
See the original at: https://sleep.org/articles/ease-heartburn-bedtime/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018
- What Are Primary And Secondary Cannabis Terpenes? - November 8, 2018
- Hemp For Keto: Why Hemp Protein Is Perfect For The Keto Diet - November 6, 2018