We rejoice in our child’s growth and development. But are you looking forward to nap time ending? Most of us love that break from parenting. Infants shift from two naps to one and then toddlers shift to no nap at all.
Signs for Nap-Time to End:
- When they do nap you have trouble getting them to sleep at night.
- Child is taking 45 minutes or more to fall asleep for a nap.
- Child is sleeping 11 to 12 hours at night.
Tips for ending Napping:
- Shorten the naps by waking your child after 1 hour of sleep.
- Nap every other day.
- Turn nap time into quiet time. Let them have a time of quiet play, reading, coloring, listening to music.
- Move bedtime up to eliminate an overtired evening.
**Preschoolers should get 10 to 13 hours of sleep a day. All children are unique so follow your child’s cues to figure out the right sleep strategy.
Things you can do to help your kid transition from napping during the day #HealthStatus
- 150% of all children stop napping altogether by age four.
- 270% of all children stop napping by age five.
- 3Be prepared for a crabby child while you are working all this out.
See the original at: https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/helping-kids-sleep-well-when-naps-end
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018
- What Are Primary And Secondary Cannabis Terpenes? - November 8, 2018
- Hemp For Keto: Why Hemp Protein Is Perfect For The Keto Diet - November 6, 2018