We are living in a time when adequate sleep is at an all-time low. The majority of us are not getting enough sleep. Sleep is as important to our health as working out the gym and yet most of us regard nightly shut eye as something we wish we could avoid.
Proper amounts of sleep can:
- Regulate your appetite
- Reduce headaches
- Reduce anxiety
- Reduce disease
ONE NIGHT OF INADEQUATE SLEEP:
- Our cells that attack cancer cells drop by 70%
- Our ability to fight the common cold is reduced
- Contributes to weight gain
- Odds of being in a car accident increase
- Cranky — short tempered
- Negatively effects mental health
We all need to make sleep a priority our health depends on it!
Is skipping out on “recharges” slowly going to killing us all? #HealthStatus
- 1According to reports, people do not get enough sleep; and this deprivation makes our lives shorter.
- 2Not sleeping enough reduces the body’s ability to fight cancer and colds and can damage mental health.
- 3Having enough sleep is important, especially because it will stop a lot of traffic related deaths from sleep deprivation.
See the original at: https://www.brunosleep.co.uk/blog/2017/10/sleep-will-save-your-life/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021