Whether it’s asthma or allergies, sometimes something as simple as breathing can become a chore. It can raise pain or fear, when your lungs react to the simplest things that most people don’t even think twice about. Dust is a common allergen, and sadly it’s not one that often gets remembered when pollen fills the air or the subject of pets are considered.
Dust can settle into even the cleanest of rooms, finding its way into the carpet, into the cracks, and lay there waiting. Infecting that room, ready to stir up on air currents and bring on an attack that leaves you gasping as you fumble for an inhaler or anti-histamine. Even the best housekeeping can leave dust in a room, and where there’s dust sometimes there’s dust mites as well. The tiny particles that make up dust attract the mites, who can thrive where the dust goes; and the mites and their waste get added to the dust that can cause an attack to paralyze you.
If you or a loved one suffers from allergies or asthma, deep cleaning their living spaces might be more than just a burst of spring cleaning fever. It could keep them breathing easy. Rooms need to be emptied out, so every bit of the walls and carpet can be vacuumed. Thoroughly. So all the furniture can be dusted and polished. And don’t forget the closets as well. The difference could be coughing or enjoying pain free deep breaths.
You don’t have to wonder why your allergies keep acting up. Deep clean and breathe freely. #HealthStatus
- 1There is correlation between the presence of dust and the presence of asthma and/or allergy symptoms which can be decreased by creating a dust-free bedroom.
- 2One of the best ways to eliminate dust in the bedroom is to remove carpeting as carpet tends to trap dust particles.
- 3Another important way to maintain dust-free environment is to maintain the cleanliness of your air filters; replacing them when necessary.
See the original at: https://www.onhealth.com/content/1/how_to_create_a_dust-free_bedroom
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Coping In A Toxic Work Environment - December 17, 2018
- Weighted Blankets Improve Sleep - December 13, 2018
- AP Exclusive: First Gene-Edited Babies Claimed in China - December 12, 2018