Sleep is an important component of physical and mental health, and so getting a good night’s sleep is very important to maintaining that health. Sleep is the period where our body is resting, as both body and mind are active all day. It is the time where any of the stresses of the day are diminished. In addition, this rest is a revitalizing time for the body and an important restorative period.
A person’s body will start to show the effects of lack of quality sleep; this can manifest in all sorts of ailments. In fact, it is shown that people who stay up late frequently, whether because of work or otherwise, are more likely to suffer a heart attack. Therefore, it is important to listen to the signs that one’s body is giving off. Simply by trying to get to sleep early, one is more likely to get a better quality of rest that they need. It can only be beneficial to attempt to try and adjust the unhealthy habits that accumulate over time, and a good place to start is attempting to get to sleep earlier. Even if the time spent sleeping is the same, it is important to try and get the quality hours that come earlier in the evening.
Did you know that in order to get a good night’s sleep, it is best to be in a deep sleep by 11pm? #HealthStatus
- 1Quality sleep, in addition to proper diet and physical activity, is important to maintaining a healthy body.
- 2Individuals who work night shifts are at an increased risk of a heart attack.
- 3Early bed times and getting enough rest are critical to one’s health.
See the original at: http://blog.muscle-zone.com/how-to-get-a-healthy-amount-of-sleep/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018