Snoring may seem like a harmless, if annoying habit, but the truth is most snoring results from breathing difficulties during sleep. All that snorting and groaning you emit while asleep is your body struggling to increase air flow, to get your throat and nose to help fill your lungs. Sleep apnea is when simple snoring rises to a medically serious level, though even minor apnea can put a tremendous toll on your body that causes serious medical problems if left untreated.
Sleep is essential to life as a healthy and productive human being. Part of good sleep is uninterrupted breathing, and if you find yourself waking up over and over throughout each night, that’s your body needing to rouse you for a deep breath. Worse, the interruption aborts your natural sleep cycle so your brain and body can’t go through the recovery phase of sleep.
Doctors can help, but there are also some other habits you can try to ease your rest and get more of it without constantly waking. Exercise doesn’t just help you lose weight, it can strengthen your cardiovascular system so you breathe easier and without as much effort. Smoking affects your breathing, and aside from cancer risk, can stress your body out as it struggles to oxygenate your blood. Alcohol and other sedatives encourage your body to relax, and that can make your breathing less efficient just as the natural sleep processes are also slowing it down. And don’t forget one of the simplest habits to pick up; sleep on your side. That sleeping position can reduce the pressure on your chest, and let your body breathe easier.
Before you jump for the doctor’s phone number, try these simple tips to stifle your snoring. #HealthStatus
- 1Keep a sleep diary to track things like what time you go to sleep or what you ate for dinner as well as how much you are snoring.
- 2Regular exercise can tone the muscles in your throat and help prevent snoring.
- 3Sleep on your side. You can put a pillow behind your back to help.
See the original at: https://sleep.org/articles/prevent-snoring/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018