While it may be tempting to stay up all night for work or school pulling all- nighters can have a significant impact on your health. Most people understand they will not feel well the next day but many do not know how serious the consequences may be. Lack of sleep triggers changes in hormones that regulate metabolism and appetite and can put you at risk for things like obesity and Diabetes. It also negatively affects your cognitive function like memory and problem solving skills. You may also become very forgetful when running on a low amount or no sleep at all. An even more serious effect your brains white matter can be depleted and interfere with neural connections and proper learning. Too little sleep throws off your internal clock and everything from alertness, blood pressure, hormones, body temperature and more. Not to mention, interfering with your normal sleep schedule. One night can lead to another and another and all the risk that comes along with it. Another very dangerous aspect of lack of sleep is changes in mood. It’s common to be grumpy or short tempered but it can impair your judgement and cause risky behavior or decisions due to a shut down of area of the brain responsible for planning and heightening pleasure driven pathways. Just missing out on one good nights sleep can have a negative impact.
Did you know that staying up all night is bad for your health? Check this article for more! #HealthStatus
- 1A sleepless night has a negative affect on memory by causing forgetfulness and impairing concentration.
- 2Sleep deprivation affects your metabolism negatively, causing you to crave carbohydrates and sugar.
- 3Loss of sleep negatively affects the body as a whole, which could inadvertently lead to serious health problems.
See the original at: https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/why-all-nighter-can-be-harmful-your-health
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018