Besides the generally recommended tactic of turning off all electronics/technology before heading to bed to make it easier to fall asleep, another recommendation is to practice restorative yoga poses to rid your body and mind of daily stresses. Restorative yoga poses not only relaxes your body in preparation for a restful sleep, but it also works to balance your your thyroid and parathyroid glands. There are two restorative yoga poses that you can easily do in your own home – the bridge pose and the fish pose. And the only gear you will need is a a yoga mat. The bridge pose is powerful as it works to relieve any sort of back pain you have experienced throughout the day, improves your posture and flexibility, and any stress that is lingering in your internal organs. To do this pose, lay on your back on your mat with your knees bent and lift your hips as high as you can while keeping your shoulders and arms on the ground. The fish pose is similar to the bridge pose as you are laying on your back, but you are laying with your legs folded in as if you are kneeling on your knees. Then you want to lift up your stomach, creating an arch of your back. In both poses, take deep breaths and hold your pose to maximize the relaxation and stretch of the pose.
Yoga breathing and hip stretching posture alleviates stress and works better than Melatonin! #HealthStatus
- 1When hot tea and unplugging the technology is not enough, a yoga pose, known as a ‘bridge’ pose could be the way to fall into sleep.
- 2The Bridge helps the thyroid and the parathyroid to achieve balance, while also relieving stagnation in the kidneys, liver and digestive tract.
- 3The pose requires the ‘bridger’ to lie on the floor and lift the hips, while also keeping the knees forward-facing and bent.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019
- Moving Survival Tips & Tricks - August 12, 2019