There are a few things parents can do to prevent the event of SIDS from occurring. SIDS stands for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and each year it affects 1,500 babies. Usually SIDS is the result of the babies breathing being blocked somehow while they are sleeping.
- One of the things parents can is to make sure a baby is on his or her back when they go to sleep. Eventually they will roll around and over on their own and that is OK.
- Another tip is to ensure the safety of the crib that they are sleeping in is safe. It is recommended that the space between crib slats be no more than 2 and 3/8 inches.
- You should also place your baby on mattress that is firm and not a fluffy surface. One should also cover the mattress with sheets that are tight fitting and not ones that are too loose.
- Another thing that should be done is that make sure that your baby is warm enough when they are laid down to sleep. It is recommended that a parent use a sleep sack that is especially designed for infants.
- Another helpful tip is to make sure the room that baby sleeps in is not too hot. One can even use a fan to keep the room cool.
Do you have a hard time sleeping because you worry about your baby? Take a look at this. #HealthStatus
- 1SIDS affects 1500 infants a year.
- 226 babies are injured daily by their cribs.
- 3Always put your baby down on their back to sleep.
See the original at: https://sleep.org/articles/protect-baby-sids-sleeping-injuries/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019
- Moving Survival Tips & Tricks - August 12, 2019